My 'Top 10 Things To Do' on a Sunday morning visit to Valldemossa, Majorca
The local market is also held on a Sunday, giving a nice buzzy feel to the pretty village. The market sells an array of fresh produce and local specialities, alongside stalls with jewellery and floaty summer clothes.
My list of top ten things I recommend to do whilst visiting Valldemossa on a Sunday are:
1. Choose yourself a typical Mallorcan straw bag
These are a 'must have' of Mallorcian daily life. Perfect as a beach bag, shopping bag, book bag, the list is endless...!
2. Buy your fruit and veggies from the organic market stall
Always in the left hand corner at the back!
3. Sample some Minorcan cheese
The owner comes over from Menorca every Sunday just to sell his cheese.
4. Purchase some rosemary flower honey 'miel de romero'
A tasty honey that has added health benefits of being anti-inflammatory and immunity booster.
5. Visit the Real Cartuja
The lovely old monastery which once housed Chopin and George Sand.
6. Try a 'Coca de Patata'
A typical Mallorcan sweet bun, it's actually made of potato, but is really light and tastes delicious!
7. Take a stroll through the quant cobbled streets of the old 'quarter'
With typical Valldemossa homes, some dating back to 13th century.
8. Have lunch at Es Roquisar Restaurant
You will be sitting in a beautiful courtyard overlooking the Real Cartuja. The food is fabulous and perfect for lunch serving great light bites such as Ceviche, Salmon Tartar and Goats cheese Canelones.
9. Take the 'secret pathway' from the side of Es Roquissar to the look out point ' La Miranda'
To see a great view of the Valley, all the way down to Palma.
10. Visit the shop 'Musa' selling ethnic goodies mainly from India
There are some natural soaps that last for ages, the sandalwood ones are particular lovely.
Thats enough to fill one morning... I shall be back next week to do it all over again!
To learn more about Valldemossa click here